Want to ferment your own kombucha at home?
You only need 5 simple ingredients to make it . These ingredients can be varied and interchanged depending on your taste and personal preferences. Basically, we recommend that you use only organic ingredients for your kombucha and not to feed your Scoby unnecessarily with possible harmful substances.
What you need for making kombucha:
- 1 large glass jar with a wide opening (approx. 1 - 2 liter volume) - well rinsed with e.g. vinegar and no washing up liquid!
- 1 Scoby "Kombucha mushroom
- Tea - e.g. green tea, black tea, white tea (without flavors/artificial additives)
- Cane sugar
- Water - filtered in the best case
- Starter liquid or ready-made very sour Kombucha with neutral taste as preparation liquid
- 1 air-permeable clean cover cloth
Where do I get a Scoby?
You can easily buy your Scoby - Symbiotic Culture of Bacteria and Yeast - on the internet or be lucky enough to have another kombucha lover give you a tea fungus. Usually the starter liquid is included with most vendors.
Thanks for reading!